Shape the workplace of tomorrow with Ronspot® Desk Booking System. A smart office hoteling software incorporating Social Distancing to make your workplace COVID-secure.
Trusted by world's leading companies
A smart office hoteling software that helps your staff return to work safely
Our Hot Desk Booking System system is an intuitive mobile app (available on Android, iOS and web version) that lets your employees reserve desks throughout the day when they need to.
With an interactive floorplan that matches your office space, employees can view real-time availability of desks and simply tap on the map to reserve one. Any desks located within an employee’s social distancing range will instantly become unavailable for other employees to book.
Ronspot office hoteling software is the perfect solution for companies that are looking to downsize their office and strike the balance between office and home working, while ensuring safety for all their employees.
- Booking Calendar with Live Availability – When accessing the app, employees are presented first with a calendar showing real-time availability of desks for each day of the month and up to 90 days in advance.
- Tag filtering – Employees can filter desk attributes to narrow down their research, and view availability based on the selected filters.
- Interactive Map / Floorplan – After selecting a day from the calendar, employees can view an interactive map that faithfully represents their office (Ronspot incorporates a map builder tool) and simply tap on the desk of their choice to reserve it.
- Built-In Social Distancing – Ronspot allows you to mark the desks that are located within social distance of one another. Once a desk is booked, this desk and all the related desks will instantly become unavailable for other employees to book.
- Guaranteed Reservation – Once a desk is booked, employees get assigned their desk instantly, there is no need to wait for a confirmation. The system updates instantly and ensures that no two people can book the same desk, giving employees peace of mind before they come into the office.
Built-In Social Distancing
Ronspot helps you establish a safe work environment for your employees and ensure social distancing standards remain in place at all times.
- Social Distancing Office – For every desk in the office, Ronspot allows you to mark the other desks that are located within the social distance sphere. Once a desk is booked, this desk and all the other desks that have been linked to it will instantly become unavailable for other employees to book.
- Contact Tracing – Our office hoteling software can easily generate a report listing all the employees that have made a booking for a specific day, helping you to quickly trace potential contacts.
- Cleaning Report – Similarly, Ronspot can automatically send a report to the cleaning team each evening indicating the occupied desks for that day to ensure they are thoroughly cleaned.
Our Desk Booking system is designed to help your company utilise all its office space more efficiently, while reducing the time you need to spend managing it.
- Optimal Office Occupancy – Ronspot uses a system of free credits to prevent employees from overbooking at the expense of their colleagues. This clever system not only limits the number of future bookings employees can make, but also encourages them to release a desk if they decide not to come to the office to get their credit back. This ensures a fair desk allocation and an optimal occupancy of your office.
- Little Oversight Required – Our intuitive office hoteling software doesn’t require any hardware or in-house training, and is directly operated by employees. Simply set the rules (including social distancing) and let your employees do the rest.
How Ronspot works
After setting up your Ronspot company account, getting your employees on board is very straightforward.
With Single Sign-On (Google, Microsoft, Okta, Duo)
If your employees are using Single Sign-On, they simply need to:
- Download the Ronspot desk booking mobile app on Google Play (Android), the App Store (iOS), or alternatively access online.
- Log in using their existing Google, Microsoft, Okta or Duo credentials. They will remain logged in in the app for an easier experience.
Without Single Sign-On
If your employees are not using Single Sign-On, they need to:
- Register first at https://signup.ronspot.ie/ using their work email address. For security reasons, their account will need to be activated manually by the administrator. An email will be sent to the employee once their account is activated.
- Download the Ronspot desk booking app on the Google Play (Android), the App Store (iOS), or alternatively access online.
- Log in using their email address and password. The app will remain logged in to make it easier to use on a daily basis.
When opening the app, employees are presented with a calendar showing every available desk for the current month. Bookings are possible up to 90 rolling days in advance.
- Available desks for each day are represented by a full green dot
- No availability is represented by a green circle with a diagonal line
- The hoteling software shows real-time availability, so if a desk becomes suddenly available, the employee can simply pull down to refresh the app and see the desk becomes available.
Employees can be given access to one or several zones by the office manager (i.e. this could be different offices, different floors or even different areas of a same office).
- Employees who have been granted access to several zones will be presented with a dropdown menu at the top of the screen. If there is no availability in a zone, they can simply change zones to check availability in different zones.
- If a company also decides to use Ronspot’s office parking management system (integrated within the same app), employees will be able to switch between workplace and parking zones directly from the dropdown menu and view a different availability calendar.
- On the calendar, employees simply have to tap on the green dot for the day they wish to book.
- Then they will be presented with an interactive map of their office and simply need to tap on the desk they wish to book.
- As a result, the app will instantly allocate the desk to the employee. The whole process take less than 5 seconds.
To restrict the number of bookings that can be made in advance and ensure fair desk allocation, employees automatically receive a limited number of free credits on a monthly basis that are reset at the beginning of each month.
- Future bookings – Each desk reserved in advance costs 1 credit. When the balance reaches zero credit, booking of future desks is restricted.
- Short-notice bookings (subject to availability) – Booking a desk on the day or for the next day after a company designated time (for example 6pm) doesn’t cost the employee any credits.
If for some reason an employee doesn’t need their desk, they can simply tap on the day in question and press “Release spot”:
- As a result, the desk will be automatically released back into the pool and become available in the app for others to reserve.
- Additionally, the credit spent on the reservation will be returned to the employee’s account immediately and could be used to book a different day.
- Desk violations – If an employee found someone sat at their reserved desk, they can simply report a violation on the app. As a result, this person will be automatically emailed and another desk will be allocated if there is one available.
- Booking reminders – The app can automatically send reminders via push notifications or emails at 6pm every day only to the employees who have made a booking for the next day.
- Emergency notifications – Moreover, the office manager can also send emergency notifications to all employees via the app.
Why Ronspot is the Hot Desk Booking System for you
Learn about Ronspot’s hoteling software and how it can help your employees return to work safely.
Setting up your Ronspot account can be done within a day. We usually recommend a 2 to 3 week onboarding period to have time to inform your employees about the hot desk booking app and how to sign up.
The hoteling software allows you to create as many zones as you need -they can be different locations, different floors or even different areas of the office- and restrict users to specific zone(s).
As an administrator, you can assign a permanent desk to upper management, block some users from booking on specific days, allocate a different credit amount from one employee to another, etc.
Once it is set up, our hoteling software runs itself as employees find it very intuitive and easy-to-use. It requires very little management and oversight, just set up your rules and let your employees do the rest.
Ronspot Hot Desking includes advanced reporting tools that provide valuable and actionable insights about daily occupancy, desk demand, contact tracing, etc. They help you see exactly how your office is being used and make adjustments to your office space as required.
App users can report a problem directly from the app with a tap of a button. Our dedicated customer support team here in Galway, Ireland aim to answer all queries within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have listed below all commonly asked questions and answers about Ronspot’s Hot Desk Booking system.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, please feel free to contact us.
- Simply sign up at https://signup.ronspot.ie/ using your work address. Ronspot will automatically detect the email domain and assign it automatically to your company’s account.
- Once your office manager has activated your account, you will be notified by email and then be able to log in to the app.
- Our hot desk booking system allows you to make as many short-notice bookings you’d like on the day or the evening before, subject to desk availability.
- The number of bookings you can make in advance is however limited by the number of credits your office manager has allocated to you.
- Every employee is automatically allocated a number of free credits on a monthly basis and can be used towards future bookings (1 future booking = 1 credit). The credit balance is visible in the top right hand corner of the app.
- Note: The credit balance is automatically reset at the beginning of every month and are on a ‘use it to lose it’ basis to avoid bulk booking.
- The number of credits is set by the office manager and can vary from one employee to another.
- The aim of this credit system is to limit the number of bookings employees can make in advance and prevent them from overbooking at the expense of their colleagues.
Yes, you can still make a booking for the same day or the next day (after your company’s designated time) as short-notice bookings don’t require any credits:
- 1 short-notice booking (on the day or evening before) = 0 credit
- 1 future booking = 1 credit
- Yes, you can use the “Search bookings” option to look for a colleague name and see which days they have booked.
- Note: for privacy reasons, employees have the ability in the app to hide their name from other employees.
When you book a desk, you will be presented with an interactive map that faithfully represents your office. Simply tap the desk you wish to book to complete the reservation.
The office manager can decide to give you access to one or several office zones. If it’s the case, you will be presented with a dropdown menu at the top of the screen to select a zone and access the corresponding availability calendar.
Yes, your company can set automatic reminders to be sent to the employees who have made a booking for the next day. These notifications can be sent directly on the phone via the app or by email.
There are two main incentives in releasing a spot:
- The credit used for the booking will automatically be returned back to your account and could be used to book another date.
- The spot will instantly be returned back into the pool for a colleague to use.
If you are unable to sit at your allocated desk because someone has sat there by mistake, select the “Report a Violation” option in the app. This employee will automatically receive a notification email and you will be instantly re-directed to another desk, if available.
The office manager can assign a permanent desk to specific employees (i.e. people with disabilities, upper management, etc.).
Yes, your data is safely stored on Amazon AWS cloud server in Dublin, Ireland. Your data can be fully removed from the system by the office manager when you leave the company.
If you are experiencing any issues with our hoteling software, simply navigate to the app menu and select the “Report a Problem” option. The Ronspot customer support team is based in Ireland and will answer all queries within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.
Yes. Our hot desk booking system allows you to manage several locations across multiple time zones in different countries from the same Ronspot admin account. Simple create different office zones in your account, one for each location and restrict users to zones.
- Zones are used to delimit the office areas your employees can access. Depending on your needs, it can be different offices (i.e. London and New York), different floors (i.e. Level 1, Level 2), different sections of a same office, or a mix of all.
- Once you have created your zones, you can assign one or several zones to each employee. As a result, they will only be able to view and book desks in the zones that have been assigned to them.
Yes, the office map is fully customizable in the Ronspot administration panel. You can change the map layout at any time to match your current floor plan.
Yes. For every desk in your office (i.e desk #2), you can mark the desks that are located within the social distancing bubble of this desk (i.e. desks #1 and #3). Once desk #2 is booked by an employee, desks #1 and #3 will automatically become unavailable for other employees.
Yes, you can. Simply edit the desk in the admin panel, select the “Restricted” option and select the name of the employee(s). This desk will only be available to the corresponding employee(s).
Yes, our hot desk booking solution allows you to do both:
- In the “Schedule” tab, once you have selected a desk, you will be presented with a weekly calendar, Monday to Sunday. Simply assign the employee to the day(s) you’d like (i.e. for example Mondays and Wednesdays) and the employee will be automatically assign a desk in the app for these days.
- In the “Block” tab, you will be presented with a weekly calendar, Monday to Sunday. Simply assign the employee to the day(s) you’d like (i.e. for example Thursdays and Fridays) and these days will automatically appear unavailable on the app for the employee.
Yes, you can allocate a different amount of credits from one employee to another, and give more to those that are meant to come to the office more often.
Once the different rules have been set by the office manager, our hoteling software operates itself and requires very little oversight. For example to activate new employee account, review performance reports for adjustments, etc.
Yes, you can. As an office manager, you can manually edit any bookings and move employees to different desks if needed, or make a new booking on behalf on an employee.
Our hot desk booking system includes 8 advanced reports to easily monitor the office occupancy, demand, violations, unused bookings, etc.
Yes, you can reach all your employees at once via the app using push up notifications and/or emails. For example, it can be used for urgent communications regarding the office (i.e. contact tracing, etc.).
- All the data is stored safely on Amazon AWS cloud server in Dublin, Ireland, using the highest standards for privacy and data security.
- Ronspot is also ISO 27001 certified – a proof of our engagement in terms of data protection.
Your Ronspot admin account can be set up within a day. Once set, companies generally allow a 2 to 3 week onboarding period to inform their employees about Ronspot.