We make flexible work easy for companies around the world
A smart office hoteling software that helps your staff return to work safely
Our Desk Booking System consists of an admin panel and an intuitive mobile app (also accessible online) that lets your employees reserve desks throughout the day when they need to.
With an interactive floorplan that matches your office space, employees can view real-time availability of desks and simply tap on the map to reserve one. Any desks located within an employee’s social distancing range will instantly become unavailable for other employees to book.
Ronspot office hoteling software is the perfect solution for companies that are looking to downsize their office and manage a hybrid workforce. The software is ideal for managing hot desking in the office, while ensuring safety for all their employees.
Live Availability Calendar
After opening the app, employees are presented with a calendar showing real-time availability of desks for each day of the month, and up to 90 days in advance.
Interactive Map / Floorplan
After selecting a day from the calendar, employees are shown an interactive map that faithfully represents their office (Ronspot incorporates its own map builder tool). They can view bookings made by colleagues and tap on the desk of their choice to reserve it.
Built-In Social Distancing
Ronspot allows you to mark the desks that are located within social distance of one another. Once a desk is booked, this desk and all the related desks will instantly become unavailable for other employees to book.
Employees get assigned their desk instantly and don’t need to wait for a confirmation. The system updates instantly and ensures that no two people can book the same desk, giving employees peace of mind before they come into the office.
Using the interactive map, companies can easily setup and manage hot desks in their office. Employees can book their spots in advance and work at that station for the day. Hot desking makes hybrid working very simple, while helping to reduce real estate costs.
Ronspot uses a system of free virtual credits to give every employee the same opportunity to make a booking and prevent them from overbooking. It also incorporates a clever release system that encourages employees who are not coming to the office to cancel their booking and make the desk available again for other employees to book.
Operated by Employees
Our intuitive office hoteling software is directly operated by employees, they can make bookings themselves and decide when to go to the office. Team leaders can also be appointed to monitor employees’ bookings and make bookings on their behalf.
Administrators also have the ability to create a rota schedule and assign a desk to an employee on the same day every week, or every two weeks.
Real-Time Visibility & Check-In
From the Ronspot dashboard, administrators can view in real time and day by day the desks that are reserved, available or blocked due to social distancing. They have the ability to create, delete or modify any bookings. They can also view at anytime which employees are on-site, and ask them to check in and out to prove they have arrived or left the office.
How Ronspot works
After setting up your Ronspot company account, getting your employees on board is very easy.
With Single Sign-On (Google, Microsoft, Okta, Duo)
- Employees simply need to download the Ronspot desk booking app on Google Play (Android), App Store (iOS), or access online.
- And log in using existing their Google, Microsoft, Okta or Duo credentials.
Without Single Sign-On
- Employees need to register first on this page using their work email address. For security reasons, their account will need to be confirmed manually.
- Then they can download the Ronspot desk booking app on Google Play (Android), App Store (iOS), or access online.
- And log in using their email address and password.
When opening the app, employees are presented with a calendar showing desk availability for each day of the month and up to 3 months in advance.
A full green dot means that there is at least one available desk for the day
A crossed circle means that there is no availability for the day
A blue background means you have a desk reserved for the day
Our desk booking system shows real-time availability. Therefore, if someone in the company releases a desk, the employee can simply pull down to refresh the app and see the desk becomes available instantly.
What is a zone?
Zones can be created by the administrator in the Ronspot admin panel to cater for different offices, floors, rooms, or even different sections of a same room. Each zone has its own booking calendar.
Who has access to a zone?
In the admin panel, the administrator can:
- edit each employee individually and grant them access to specific zones
- create a group, add employees to the group, and select the zones they are allowed to access
How to switch between zones?
Employees can switch between zones using the dropdown menu above the calendar. Employees can only see the zones they have been granted access to.
If there is no availability in a zone, employees can simply switch to a different zone and access a different availability calendar.
With Ronspot, employees have the ability to apply filters to narrow down their search.
Setting up tags
- In the admin panel, the administrator can create up to 20 different tags for the desks. The tags are entirely customisable (i.e. standing desk, dual monitors, ethernet cable, window, etc.)
- The administrator can edit each desk individually and add multiple tags to each one of them.
Filtering by tags
- On the booking calendar and interactive map, employees can click on the filter icon in the bottom right corner to show the list of available filters
- Then they simply need to tick the tags they are interested in and click ‘Apply’ to refresh and show availability only for the matching desks.
Booking a desk is very easy and can be done within 5 seconds:
- Selecting a day – On the calendar, employees simply have to tap on the green dot for the day they wish to book.
- Interactive map – This will take them to an interactive plan of their office, with colour-coded desks:
- Available desks
- Desks booked by other employees
- Unavailable desks (social distancing or inactive)
- Selecting a desk – They simply need to tap on an available desk to book it and confirm
- Instant confirmation – The desk will turn blue and get instantly allocated to the employee. It will also become instantly unavailable for other employees to book.
Our credit system has been designed to help companies manage demand efficiently and fairly. Its purpose is to:
- prevent employees from overbooking at the expense of their colleagues
- give every employee the same opportunity to make a booking
- ensure an optimal occupancy rate of the office up to 100% daily
The system is limiting the number of desks each employee can book in advance every month by:
- assigning every desk a virtual cost in credits (e.g. 1 booking = 1 credit)
- allocating every employee a limited number of virtual credits on a monthly basis
- resetting automatically the employee’s credit balance at the beginning of every month (credits cannot be carried forward)
When the balance reaches zero, booking a desk in advance is no longer possible until the employee gets his credits refilled.
Same-day and next-day bookings
To ensure full occupancy of the office, booking a desk for the current day or the next (after a company designated time) doesn’t cost the employee any credits. The desks are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, and can be booked by any employees, even if their credit balance has reached zero.
Employees with a reserved desk who decide not to go to the office can release their desk at any time and with a tap of a button. They simply need to tap on their booking (either on the booking calendar or on the map) and press “Release spot”:
- As a result, the desk will be automatically released back into the pool and become available in the app for other employees to book
- Additionally, the credit spent on the reservation will be instantly returned to the employee’s account and could be used to book a different day
Ronspot also incorporates a reminder system that automatically sends an email and/or push notification to employees with a booking on the previous night.
Similarly, if the auto release is on, the same email and/or notification will ask the employees to confirm their booking within two hours. If they fail to do so, their booking will be automatically cancelled and their space will be made available again in the app for other employees to book.
The administrator can enable the check-in system to ensure that employees have arrived and left the office, and choose between these two options:
- Manual check-in – Employees must tap of this icon in the app to clock in and clock out
- QR code check-in – Employees must tap of this icon in the app to scan a QR code (each spot having a unique and autogenerated QR code)
The check-in icon is only visible to employees with a booking for the current day.
Download the desk booking brochureJoin our mailing list and receive the 35-page brochure about Ronspot desk booking software. Discover how to implement Ronspot, enable employees to make their own decisions, optimise the use of desks, the estimated timeline, pricing, and much more.
Why Ronspot is the Desk Booking System for you
Learn about Ronspot’s hoteling software and how it can help your employees return to work safely.
Setting up your Ronspot account can be done within a day. We usually recommend a 2 to 3 week onboarding period to have time to inform your employees about the desk booking app and how to get on board.
As an administrator, you can set many rules, including granting employees access to specific zones, allocating a different credit amount from one employee to another, scheduling recurring bookings, blocking some users from booking on specific days, etc.
App users can report a problem directly from the app with a tap of a button. Our dedicated customer support team here in Ireland aims to answer all queries within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.
Create your free account today
and discover all features for 30 days
Book a Free Demo
Select a date and time below, and book a 45-minute video call with our team.
We will walk you through the admin panel, the mobile app, and answer all your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have listed below all commonly asked questions and answers about Ronspot’s Hot Desk Booking system.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, please feel free to contact us.
With Single Sign-On (SSO)
If your company is using Single Sign-On, you simply need to tap on the Microsoft, Google, Duo or Okta icon on the app login page.
Without Single Sign-On
If you are not using Single Sign-On, simply register on this page using your work email address. Ronspot will automatically detect the email domain and assign it to your company’s account. For security reasons, the account will have to manually activated by your office manager before you can access.
Future bookings – The number of bookings you can make in advance is limited by the number of credits your office manager has allocated to you (see next question for more information about credits).
Same-day and next-day bookings – Short-notice bookings don’t cost any credits and are subject to availability (first-come, first-served basis). Employees with a null credit balance can still make same-day or next-day bookings.
Depending on the plan selected by your company, you can make booking up to 90 days in advance with Enterprise, 14 days with Premium and 3 with Community.
The credit system is designed to limit the number of desks every employee can book in advance every month.
How it works:
- Every desk is assigned a virtual cost in credits (e.g. 1 booking = 1 credit)
- Every employee is allocated a limited number of virtual credits every month. The number of credits is set by the office manager and can vary from one employee to another.
- The employee’s credit balance is visible in the top right hand corner of the app. Credits are reset automatically at the beginning of every month and are on a ‘use it to lose it’ basis to avoid bulk booking.
Yes, you can still make a booking for the same day or the next day (after your company’s designated time) as short-notice bookings don’t require any credits:
- 1 short-notice booking (on the day or evening before) = 0 credit
- 1 future booking = 1 credit
Yes, you can see directly on the map other employees’ bookings.
Alternatively, you can also use the “Search bookings” option in the app menu to look for a colleague name and see which days they have booked.
After picking a date on the calendar, you will be presented with an interactive plan of your office. Simply tap on the desk you wish to book to complete the reservation.
The office manager can decide to give you access to one or several office zones. Tap on the dropdown menu above the calendar to switch to a different zone and access a different booking calendar.
Yes, your company can set automatic reminders to be sent to employees who have a booking for the next day. These notifications can be sent directly on your phone or by email.
There are two main incentives in releasing a spot:
- The credit used for the booking will automatically be returned back to your account and could be used to book another date.
- The desk will instantly become available again in the app for other employees to book.
Yes, your data is safely stored on Amazon AWS cloud server in Dublin, Ireland. Your data can be fully removed from the system by the office manager when you leave the company.
If you are experiencing any issues with our hoteling software, simply navigate to the app menu and select the “Report a Problem” option. The Ronspot customer support team is based in Ireland and will answer all queries within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.
Yes. Our desk booking system allows you to manage several locations across multiple time zones in different countries from the same Ronspot admin account. Simple create different zones in your account, one for each location and restrict users to zones.
- Zones are used to delimit the areas your employees can access. Depending on your needs, it can be different offices, floors, rooms, sections of a room, etc.
- Once you have created your zones, you can give each employee access to different zones. As a result, employees will only be able to view and book desks in the zones they have been granted access to.
In the admin panel, Ronspot allows you to upload an existing floor plan for each one of your zones. Use the drag & drop tool to easily make every desk interactive.
If you don’t have a map, you can simply use Ronspot map builder and drag & drop desks, walls, doors, furniture, etc into a blank canvas.
Yes. With our social distancing quick selection, you can mark directly on the map the desks located within social distance of one another.
After a desk is booked, this desk and all the related desks will instantly become unavailable for other employees to book.
Yes, you can. Simply edit the desk in the admin panel, select the “Restricted” option and select the name of the employee(s). This desk will only appear available in the app to the corresponding employee(s).
Yes, you can allocate a different amount of credits from one employee to another, and give more to those that come to the office more often.
Once the different rules have been set by the administrator, our hoteling software operates itself and requires very little oversight. You can also appoint team leaders to oversee other employees’ bookings and make bookings on their behalf.
Yes, you can. As an administrator, you can edit any bookings and move employees to different desks if needed, or make a new booking on behalf on an employee or for a guest.
Yes, you can reach all your employees at once via the app using push notifications and/or emails. Useful for urgent communications regarding the office (i.e. contact tracing, etc.).
- All the data is stored safely on Amazon AWS cloud server in Dublin, Ireland, using the highest standards for privacy and data security.
- Ronspot is also ISO 27001 certified – a proof of our engagement in terms of data protection.
Your Ronspot admin account can be set up within a day. Onboarding assistance is included in our Enterprise plan.
Once the account set, companies generally allow a 2 to 3 week onboarding period to inform their employees about Ronspot.
Yes. Ronspot is ideal for hot desking. The system is essentially used to manage desk spaces. These spaces can be hot desks, fixed desks, offices spaces, or collaboration rooms. How you operate your desking is completely up to you.
Ronspot allows employees to book their spot on any day in advance of entering the office. Therefore, hybrid workers can book their desk through the mobile app when they wish to work onsite. Team leaders can make bookings for their team members to keep the group together. So, employees who choose to hybrid work are still able to go to the office when they wish.