Get real-time parking availability and fair parking allocation with our intuitive app. The easy solution to your office parking management problems.
Trusted by world's leading companies
A smart Parking Management System that benefits everyone in the company
Our Office Parking Management system is a simple mobile app (available on Android, iOS and web version) that gives full control to employees to schedule, reserve and vacate parking spots. Once you have set the parking rules, the app operates itself, allowing the employees to make their own decisions about when and where to park, subject to parking availability.
It is the perfect solution for companies that have more employees than parking spaces available, as Ronspot fair allocation system ensures equality between employees and full occupancy of the car park. No more overflowing parking spaces or employees who are late to work because they couldn’t find a spot.
Real-Time Availability Calendar
The first thing employees see when accessing the app is a calendar showing live availability of parking spaces for each day of the month, and up to 90 days in advance.
Interactive Floorplan / Map
After selecting a day from the calendar, employees are presented with an interactive map of the car park. An easy-to-use map builder is included in Ronspot. Employees can view bookings made by colleagues and tap on a parking space to reserve it.
Employees can reserve a parking spot with a simple tap on the live calendar, from 90 seconds up to 90 days in advance. They get assigned the parking space instantly and don’t need to wait to get a confirmation . Additionally, the reserved space becomes instantly unavailable for other employees to book.
If an employee finds someone parked in their reserved spot, they can simply flag the violation on the app to let the offender know. Ronspot will automatically assign a new parking spot if one is available.
Ronspot virtual credit system is designed to prevent employees from overbooking and give each one of them the same opportunity to make a booking. A release system is also included in Ronspot to encourage staff to cancel their booking if not going to the office and make the space available to other employees. Research shows that Ronspot reduces unused parking spaces by as much as 60%.
Operated by the Staff
With Ronspot, employees can view availability and book a parking space themselves at anytime. Team leaders can also be appointed to monitor employees’ bookings and make bookings on their behalf.
Complete Overview & Check-In
Administrators can view the booked and available parking spaces day by day directly from the dashboard. They can create, delete or modify any bookings. Ronspot also incorporates a check-in system to ensure employees are on-site.
A rota schedule can also be created in the admin panel to assign a parking space to an employee on the same day every week, or every two weeks.
How our Parking Management System works
After setting up your Ronspot company account, getting your employees on board is very easy.
With Single Sign-On (Google, Microsoft, Okta, Duo)
- Employees simply need to download the Ronspot parking management app on Google Play (Android), App Store (iOS), or access online.
- And log in using existing their Google, Microsoft, Okta or Duo credentials.
Without Single Sign-On
- Employees need to register first at https://signup.ronspot.ie/ using their work email address. For security reasons, their account will need to be confirmed manually.
- Then they can download the Ronspot parking management app on Google Play (Android), App Store (iOS), or access online.
- And log in using their email address and password.
When opening the app, employees are presented with a calendar showing parking availability for each day of the month and up to 3 months in advance.
A full green dot means that there is at least one available parking space for the day
A crossed circle means that there is no availability for the day
A blue background means you have a parking space reserved for the day
Our parking management system shows real-time availability. Therefore, if someone in the company releases a parking space, the employee can simply pull down to refresh the app and see the space becomes available instantly.
What is a zone?
Zones can be created by the administrator in the Ronspot admin panel to cater for different locations, car parks, floors, or even different sections of a same car park. Each zone has its own booking calendar.
Who has access to a zone?
In the admin panel, the administrator can:
- edit each employee individually and grant them access to specific zones
- create a group, add employees to the group, and select the zones they are allowed to access
How to switch between zones?
Employees can switch between zones using the dropdown menu above the calendar. Employees can only see the zones they have been granted access to.
If there is no availability in a zone, employees can simply switch to a different zone and access a different availability calendar.
With Ronspot, employees have the ability to apply filters to narrow down their search.
Setting up tags
- In the admin panel, the administrator can create up to 20 different tags for the parking spaces. The tags are entirely customisable (i.e. near entrance, large space, low roof, pillars, etc.)
- The administrator can edit each parking space individually and add multiple tags to each one of them.
Filtering by tags
- On the booking calendar and interactive map, employees can click on the filter icon in the bottom right corner to show the list of available filters.
- Then they simply need to tick the tags they are interested in and click ‘Apply’ to refresh and show availability only for the matching parking spaces.
Booking a parking space is very easy and can be done within 5 seconds:
- Selecting a day – On the calendar, employees simply have to tap on the green dot for the day they wish to book.
- Interactive map – This will take them to an interactive plan of their car park with colour-coded parking spaces:
- Available parking spaces
- Parking spaces booked by other employees
- Unavailable parking spaces
- Selecting a parking space – They simply need to tap on an available parking space to book it and confirm
- Instant confirmation – The parking space will turn blue and get instantly allocated to the employee. It will also become instantly unavailable for other employees to book.
Our credit system has been designed to help companies manage demand efficiently and fairly. Its purpose is to:
- prevent employees from overbooking at the expense of their colleagues
- give every employee the same opportunity to make a booking
- ensure an optimal occupancy rate of the office up to 100% daily
The system is limiting the number of parking spaces each employee can book in advance every month by:
- assigning every parking space a virtual cost in credits (e.g. 1 booking = 1 credit)
- allocating every employee a limited number of virtual credits on a monthly basis
- resetting automatically the employee’s credit balance at the beginning of every month (credits cannot be carried forward)
When the balance reaches zero, booking a parking space in advance is no longer possible until the employee gets his credits refilled.
Same-day and next-day bookings
To ensure full occupancy of the car park, booking a parking space for the current day or the next (after a company designated time) doesn’t cost the employee any credits. The parking spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, and can be booked by any employees, even if their credit balance has reached zero.
Employees with a reserved parking space who decide not to go to the office can release their space at any time and with a tap of a button. They simply need to tap on their booking (either on the booking calendar or on the map) and press “Release spot”:
- As a result, the parking space will be automatically released back into the pool and become available in the app for other employees to book
- Additionally, the credit spent on the reservation will be instantly returned to the employee’s account and could be used to book a different day
Ronspot also incorporates a reminder system that automatically sends an email and/or push notification to employees with a booking on the previous night.
Similarly, if the auto release is on, the same email and/or notification will ask the employees to confirm their booking within two hours. If they fail to do so, their booking will be automatically cancelled and their space will be made available again in the app for other employees to book.
The administrator can enable the check-in system to ensure that employees have arrived and left the office, and choose between these two options:
- Manual check-in – Employees must tap of this icon in the app to clock in and clock out
- QR code check-in – Employees must tap of this icon in the app to scan a QR code (each spot having a unique and autogenerated QR code)
The check-in icon is only visible to employees with a booking for the current day.
Why Ronspot is the Parking Management Solution for you
Learn about Ronspot’s Office Parking Management features and how they can solve your employee parking issues today.
Setting up your Ronspot account can be done within a day. We usually recommend a 2 to 3 week onboarding period to have time to inform your employees about our parking management app and how to get on board.
As an administrator, you can set many rules, including granting employees access to specific parking zones, allocating a different credit amount from one employee to another, scheduling recurring bookings, blocking some users from booking on specific days, etc.
Ronspot Parking Management includes advanced reporting tools that provide valuable and actionable insights. Including daily occupancy, parking demand, parking violations, unused bookings, etc.
App users can report a problem directly from the app with a tap of a button. Our dedicated customer support team here in Ireland aim to answer all queries within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.
Create your free account today
and discover all features for 30 days
Book a Free Demo
Select a date and time below*, and book a 45-minute video call with our team.
We will walk you through the admin panel, the mobile app, and answer all your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have listed below all commonly asked questions and answers about Ronspot’s Office Parking Management software.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, please feel free to contact us.
With Single Sign-On (SSO)
If your company is using Single Sign-On, you simply need to tap on the Microsoft, Google, Duo or Okta icon on the app login page.
Without Single Sign-On
If you are not using Single Sign-On, simply register here using your work email address. Ronspot will automatically detect the email domain and assign it to your company’s account. For security reasons, the account will have to manually activated by your office manager before you can access.
Future bookings – The number of bookings you can make in advance is limited by the number of credits your office manager has allocated to you (see next question for more information about credits).
Same-day and next-day bookings – Short-notice bookings don’t cost any credits and are subject to availability (first-come, first-served basis). Employees with a null credit balance can still make same-day or next-day bookings.
Depending on the plan selected by your company, you can make booking up to 90 days in advance with Enterprise, 14 days with Premium and 3 with Community.
The credit system is designed to limit the number of parking spaces every employee can book in advance every month.
How it works:
- Every parking space is assigned a virtual cost in credits (e.g. 1 booking = 1 credit)
- Every employee is allocated a limited number of virtual credits every month. The number of credits is set by the office manager and can vary from one employee to another.
- The employee’s credit balance is visible in the top right hand corner of the app. Credits are reset automatically at the beginning of every month and are on a ‘use it to lose it’ basis to avoid bulk booking.
Yes, you can still make a booking for the same day or the next day (after your company’s designated time) as short-notice bookings don’t require any credits:
- 1 short-notice booking (on the day or evening before) = 0 credit
- 1 future booking = 1 credit
Yes, you can see directly on the map other employees’ bookings.
Alternatively, you can also use the “Search bookings” option in the app menu to look for a colleague name and see which days they have booked.
After picking a date on the calendar, you will be presented with an interactive plan of your car park. Simply tap on the parking space you wish to book to complete the reservation.
Your parking administrator can decide to give you access to one or several parking zones. Tap on the dropdown menu above the calendar to switch to a different zone and access a different booking calendar.
Yes, your company can set automatic reminders to be sent to the employees who have made a booking for the next day. These notifications can be sent directly on the phone via the app or by email.
There are two main incentives in releasing a spot:
- The credit used for the booking will automatically be returned back to your account and could be used to book another date.
- The spot will instantly be returned back into the pool for a colleague to use.
If you are unable to park in your allocated spot because another vehicle has parked there by mistake, select the “Report a Violation” option in the app. The vehicle owner will automatically receive a notification email and you will be instantly re-directed to another parking spot, if available.
Yes, you can, simply set a secondary vehicle in the app settings.
Yes, your data is safely stored on Amazon AWS cloud server in Dublin, Ireland. Your data can be fully removed from the system by the parking administrator when you leave the company.
If you are experiencing any issues with our office parking management app, simply navigate to the app menu and select the “Report a Problem” option. The Ronspot customer support team is based in Ireland and will answer all queries within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.
Yes, you can manage several locations across multiple time zones in different countries from the same admin account. Simple create different parking zones in your account, one for each location and restrict users to zones.
- Zones are used to delimit the parking areas your employees can access. Depending on your needs, it can be different parking locations, car parks, floors, sections of a same car park, etc.
- Once you have created your zones, you can assign one or several zones to each employee. They will only be able to view and book parking spaces in the zones they have been granted access to.
In the admin panel, Ronspot allows you to upload an existing floor plan for each one of your zones. Use the drag & drop tool to easily make every parking space interactive.
If you don’t have a map, you can simply use Ronspot map builder and drag & drop parking spaces into a blank canvas.
Yes, you can. Simply edit the parking space in the admin panel, select the “Restricted” option and select the name of the employee(s). This parking space will only appear available in the app to the corresponding employee(s).
Yes, you can allocate a different amount of credits from one employee to another, and give more to those that come to the office more often.
Once the different rules have been set by the administrator, our parking management software operates itself and requires very little oversight. You can also appoint team leaders to oversee other employees’ bookings and make bookings on their behalf.
Yes, you can. As an parking administrator, you can edit any bookings and move employees to different parking spaces if needed, or make a new booking on behalf on an employee or for a guest.
Our parking management system includes 8 advanced reports to easily monitor the parking occupancy, demand, violations, unused bookings, etc.
Yes, you can reach all your employees at once via the app using push up notifications and/or emails. We recommend to use this functionality for urgent communications regarding parking (i.e. flooded parking, broken gate, etc.).
- All the data is stored on Amazon AWS cloud server in Dublin, Ireland, using the highest standards for data security.
- Additionally, Ronspot is ISO 27001 certified – a proof of our engagement in terms of data protection.
Your Ronspot admin account can be set up within a day. Onboarding assistance is included in our Enterprise plan.
Once the account set, companies generally allow a 2 to 3 week onboarding period to inform their employees about Ronspot.