Credits are tokens used in Ronspot to manage the demand for desks and ensure fairness between employees.
These tokens are free and virtual.
Notes: The credit system is an optional functionality in Ronspot. Read this article on desk credits to know if your company is using credits.
The aim of credits is to:
- give every employee the same opportunity to book a desk
- prevent employees from overbooking a desk at the expense of colleagues
- encourage employees to release their desk if they are not going to work
How it works
- You and your colleagues will automatically be allocated a limited number of credits every month or week (depending on your company settings) by Ronspot. This number is your initial credit balance.
- For every future booking you make in Ronspot, credits will be deducted from your credit balance.
- In general, booking 1 desk = 1 credit, but this can vary depending on your company settings
- The number of credits you have left in your balance will limit the number of desks you can book for the rest of the month or week
- Exception: Booking a desk at the last minute (for the current or next day, subject to availability) won’t cost you any credits (1 desk = 0 credit)
- Conversely, for every booking you cancel, credits will be instantly refunded to your credit balance
- If you are not going to work, simply release your desk, gain your credit back, and reuse this credit to book a desk for another day